Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At Apollonia Dental, we believe in empowering our patients to understand and take charge of their dental care. We want you to understand the dental care procedures and therapies we perform, and we will always discuss your treatment options with you so that you can make a smart, informed decision. We have found that giving patients the tools to improve their own health results in more involved patients and a better commitment to healthcare routines.
The cost of your treatment may vary depending on your individual needs and treatment plan. We will discuss with you the cost of your treatment and each of your available payment plan options before you begin treatment, so that you can make the best choice for you, your smile, and your family. Your smile is yours forever, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to receive the best dental care whenever you need it.
Please read through our selection of dental care questions patients often ask about our practice, the services we offer, and dental healthcare in general. If your question is not answered here, we invite you to give us a call or contact us using our convenient online form.
- Does my insurance cover cosmetic dentistry procedures?
- Are you able to place dental implants in your office or do I need to see an oral surgeon?
- What advantages do dental implants have over dentures?
- Why do dentists take so many x-rays?
- Do I need to replace my older metal fillings?
- Why do you recommend composite resin restorations?
- Several of my teeth were damaged in an accident. What are my options?
- Can gum disease be reversed?
- I've tried everything to treat my migraines. How can going to the dentist help?
- How often do I need a professional cleaning?
- I do a great job brushing my teeth. Why do I need a professional cleaning?
- I've been afraid to go to the dentist for as long as I remember. Can you help me get the care I need?
- My teeth are crooked, but I hate the thought of metal braces. What can I do?
- I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea, and I'm having trouble adjusting to my CPAP. What are my other options?
- Does Apollonia Dental take my insurance?
- I don't have any dental insurance. What are my options?
- Which procedures might be included in a full mouth reconstruction?
- How does Six Month Smiles work so fast?
- What can I do to prevent gum disease?
- Are missing teeth really that much of a problem?
- What can I do to get whiter teeth?
- What is the difference between a crown and a bridge?
- What is bonding? What can it do?
- How can implants improve the appearance of my smile?
- What causes cavities? What can I do to help prevent them?
- Do I really need professional cleanings every six months? I brush and floss every day!
- Why do you screen for oral cancer during check-ups?
- I brush and floss and have cut out sugary snacks, but I still get cavities! What am I doing wrong?
- What causes gum disease?
- How does gum disease affect my overall health?
- What kind of surgery is used to treat gum disease?
- Why do you sometimes ask for a deposit to schedule dental appointments?
- Why do you ask for the estimated patient portion to be paid at the time of service?